Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Don't Know What to Do

My short story, ¡Gloria!, didn't make it into the anthology. Neither did my other short stories, Incandesence and We. I have "Working Class Hero" by Green Day on repeat to make me feel better.

I looked at the anthology, and, let me be the first to tell you that some of them didn't deserve to be in there. I mean, really, if you have no idea where to place a comma or indent or use correct words and you're in middle school... oy. Furthermore, there were five or six or seven short poems that could have all been put on one page, but they each got their own page. There was a long poem that could have fit on one page if they used columns. And some students put title pages on them. Those take up space that I could have had! ¡Gloria! is only one page! I just... I'm so angry that I could hit something. I'm ticked off. There has to be some sort of bias. I swear.

I feel like crying. That was some of my best work and it's not even good enough to go in our school's writing anthology. I just... I can't comprehend to you how awful and unappreciated I feel right now. There were people all over the school hunched over these booklets and I just wanted to throw up because they would never know how much it hurts me that they won't see my work of art. I put my blood, sweat, and tears into that short story. I can't... I just... I'm so... I don't even know. It's like I'm suddenly not good enough. My teachers told me to submit something, so I did. Everyone said, "For sure!" "Of course you'll get in!" That made me so confident in my abilities and now... I'm just so low right now I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment