Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In Sickness and Inspiration

I have been sick for the last, oh, three days or so with stomach-related issues. It was awful and I had nothing but a coffee mug of chicken broth and two pieces of toast for three days. BUT all that was worth it, I think, because while sleeping in until 10:30, I had a lucid dream (a dream where you know that you're dreaming) and I found myself smack dab in the middle of Christian and Gloria's story, starting with "Song of the Century" and ending with "See the Light". It was amazing. I had been struggling to unravel the plot to "21st Century Breakdown" the album, and, lo and effing behold, it was revealed to me! In my sleep! While sick! It just shows to go you...

Another thing - I won 40 books from the most amazering teacherdude EVER! Senor Maurer gave away 40 books to 4 students who wrote short stories based around nine very random items. You can read my story. Read the post and I'm the first entry. I wrote it almost immediately when I heard about the contest. And... it turned out well, so I put it on deviantART. So... if you have been listening to my shameless advertisements, then you have already read it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment