Saturday, July 2, 2011

First Day: A Recap

I should make a vlog for this, but I don't really want to. Maybe I'll do that when I get more written. But I woke up at 4:43 and jumped out of bed. It was still dark and, when I went downstairs, it was so quiet and calm and cool and it was amazing. I wrote a little over 2000 words, which put me at 9700-ish. I listened to a lot of music (FBHT, the Fratellis, MCR, the like) and I just didn't want to stop. Waking up early always gives me more energy, so I got a lot done, whereas today, I woke up at eight and feel so tired that it's not even funny. :/ Oh well. I can still write. '

All in all, considering my partner and I are at about the same length right about now, I think it was a pretty good day. This is going to be the best NaNo yet. We're excited, young, and we're getting our lives done now. I say that because these novels (and short stories and poems and fanfic and such), they're my life. If I didn't write them now, I'd have so many ideas at the end of my life (or midlife or early adulthood or high school) when I'm so busy that I simply can't write them. I mean, I do know adults and high schoolers who make time for this, but I have consistency in my life right now that lets me write whenever I want to for how long I want. It's nice. This is not to say I won't keep writing, because I will. Even if I have to get :gulp: a real job, I will still write.

Also: My writing friend and I have decided that, since we're embarking on this journey together, we'd incorporate each other into our stories as, like, a cameo. I have decided what I'm doing for her, and she's already done mine. You can read it here. I came up with most of the dialogue for her. She's a little bit meaner than I usually am, but she's actually really close to me. I think I'm going to put her in as (those of you who are reading my work as I write it, this is a spoiler, so.. yeah) a girl named Macy who goes to the Ruby Room and gets saved by the Rev (christened Monroe) but something kind of.. weird happens to her. (So, actually, I guess this really wasn't too much of a spoiler, but..) I'm thinking something sort of dark, but I don't want it to be a stereotypical thing, ya know? I may take suggestions if they're good, but I don't think anyone will bring anything up, so I'm just going to roll with it.

So, I'm off to write and get a little breakfast. Have an uber awesome day! :)

♥,
Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment